NSP ... New Information

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Mon Jun 9 02:13:52 UTC 1997

> Should InterNIC grant small ISPs (this one serves a rural area between
> Dallas and Oklahoma City) fully routable and portable IP space?
>
> Larry Vaden, founder and CEO               help-desk 903-813-4500

A long time ago, a group asked the same question.  The answer turned
out to be that the Internic, not being an ISP, has no clue about the
routability of -any- prefix that is delegated.  No delegation registry
can ensure the routability of any given prefix.

Thngs may have changed, can you describe to me what you consider
a "fully routable and portable IP space" might look like and
how such conditions might be enforced?

--
--bill