router monitor/configuration tool

Brett D. Watson bwatson at genuity.net
Sat Jun 7 04:18:15 UTC 1997

based on a recent email about bgp peer monitoring and others over the
last few months, we thought this would be a good time to release a tool
called rtrmon (router monitor) that we've been working on with vixie
enterprises.

please see:  www.vix.com/rtrmon

vixie enterprises provided the development expertise and based the design
on the needs of genuity initially. it's fairly generic and extensible.
currently it:

- monitors bgp sessions and reports failures
- monitors cpu usage and reports failures
- monitors ospf neighbors
- downloads, diffs, and archives cisco configs

it's all cisco oriented as that's our primary platform.  we'll start a
mailing list soon for discussion (next week) but in the short interrim
please send mail to myself or danny mcpherson (danny at genuity.net) for
questions or problems.  we'll have this hosted on our own web site(s)
sometime next week as well.  enjoy.

-brett