BGP Routing problem

Marc Slemko marcs at znep.com
Fri Jun 6 13:58:48 UTC 1997

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Danny McPherson wrote:

> > Hey, Ravi, I thought you fixed that bug?  Perhaps AS4005 is not running
> > the fixed code.  Perhaps there's another bug.
>
> it's not 'another' bug.  (received only) means that soft-reconfiguration is
> configured for the peer and some policy denied the route so it's not being
> used - yet.

But that doesn't answer the question of why it is still appearing many
hours after it has stopped being advertised; we have seen this happen too.
Even though it doesn't hurt anything as is because it isn't being used,
but what happens if the policy changes so it was being used?  Would it
magically process a withdrawal that presumably happened some time ago, or
would it actually use the bogus route?