RFC for well-known admin email addresses?

lhoward at uu.net lhoward at uu.net
Thu Jun 5 19:36:47 UTC 1997

The following should be attributed to Perry E. Metzger:

> Eric Kozowski writes:
> > >I did an AltaVista search and a WAIS RFC search @ InterNIC, but couldn't
> > >find anything.
> > >
> > That's for the pointers, I found it:  <draft-vixie-ops-stdaddr-01.txt>
>
> 1) thats a draft, not an RFC.
> 2) I believe that isn't the same document, either.
>
> Go and look at the RFC index. It usually takes a couple of seconds to
> find the right document.
>
> Perry

The only index I know if is http://ds.internic.net/ds/rfc-index.html
If you know of another, maybe one that is searchable, I'd like to
hear about it.  Sifting through over 2000 RFCs for a keyphrase like
"well-known email addresses" without a search tool takes more than
a few seconds.

Of course, in this particular case, that RFC is on the first page
and has "mail" in the title:
2142 PS
     D. Crocker, "MAILBOX NAMES FOR COMMON SERVICES, ROLES AND FUNCTIONS", 05/06/1997. (Pages=6)
     (Format=.txt)

Yours in grep,
Lee

Lee Howard      	Internet Systems Engineer
(703)208-5231		UUNET High-speed Install
lhoward at uu.net		Do I speak for UUNET? [NO]