the original thirteen NSFNET regionals

Curt Howland howland at conxion.com
Thu Jun 5 16:22:13 UTC 1997

He's over at @Home, selling IP to the masses.

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up
NSI, since when I started there in 1992 it was called
a "regional".

I never could figure out how a network reaching not
only accross the US, but to Greenland, Alaska, Antarctica,
Australia, New Zeland, Great Brittain, etc, could be
called "regional".

Of course, that was before the PPP link to the Space
Shuttle. Oh, and that South Pole thing...  :^>

Those were great times. Never knew what the next project
was going to be.

"Get reliable service to Moscow." Gee, I thought the
South Pole was hard...

Curt-