Network Service Provider

Fletcher E Kittredge fkittred at gwi.net
Wed Jun 4 21:02:16 UTC 1997

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 16:48:36 -0400 (EDT)  "Mark E. Mallett" wrote:
> The kicker: we're now getting billed, even though we've yet to get
> service.  The bill includes an "expedite" charge plus CPE that we
> never asked for nor received.

Ha!  I can top that.  MCI billed us for 9 months for a line which had
never been installed.  They had given us the run around similar to
yours, but the day before the line was to be installed, the sales
person called when he knew I was going to be out of the office and
left a message saying that MCI was indefinitely delaying all T1
installations (this was spring of 1996).  He never, ever returned my
phone calls after that.  We had already installed and paid for the
Nynex local loop. We switched to AT&T, but MCI billed us for the
non-existent line anyhow...

Did I ever tell you about the time the MCI sales-critter forged my
signature on a contract, but didn't even spell my name right?
OK, so you're all sick of that story...

regards,
fletcher