the original thirteen NSFNET regionals

Paul Baer pbaer at bbnplanet.com
Wed Jun 4 01:56:41 UTC 1997

For the curious... Paul Baer continued working for BBN after they swallowed
BARRNet, although he, I mean I, ended up as a telecommuter supporting their
national operations rather than their Western Region. After some time as a
proposal writer and a sales support engineer, I have spent the last 12
months as a product manager in their Internet Advantage (connectivity
services) group. I was living in State College, PA until Dec. of 1995, at
which time my partner and I moved to New Orleans (where she is teaching at
Tulane University).

This fall I will be returning to graduate school at LSU in Baton Rouge,
enrolling in their Environmental Planning and Management program to study
ecological economics, a relatively new field that is attempting to draw some
recognition to the fact that the human economy is a wholly owned subsidiary
of the ecosphere.

--Paul Baer