how to protect name servers against cache corruption

Michael Dillon michael at priori.net
Thu Jul 31 16:15:03 UTC 1997

At 3:54 AM -0400 7/31/97, Alexander O. Yuriev wrote:
>> a. not talk publicly about this lest the cracker community learn too much
>
>Sure. Now how do you propose to make sure that only good guys know about
>bad things? Mathematically it is impossible. It is a set theory

I don't propose to "make sure" that only good guys know, I just suggest
that it is better to not spread the info publicly when you don't know who
is listening in. Why make the bad guys job easier?

Michael Dillon                    voice: +1-415-482-2840
Senior Systems Architect            fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."