[nsp] known networks for broadcast ping attacks

Edward Henigin ed at texas.net
Thu Jul 31 02:16:25 UTC 1997

	this does work as you'd expect (it prevents the cisco
from framing an IP broadcast packet into an ethernet broadcast
frame)  BUT unfortunately it can break Windows networking, as well
as BOOTP/DHCP, depending on how you're set up.

	but if you're not using one of the above (routed), then
by all means, 'no ip directed-broadcast' is an excellent way to go..