[nsp] known networks for broadcast ping attacks

Systems Engineer snash at lightning.net
Wed Jul 30 21:21:12 UTC 1997

Well I happen to know the writer of "smurf.c" and he is really pissed at
how his exploit for this attack has been passed around like candy,  then
again,  he gave it out publically on the IRC.  This bug is exactly like
the one that "pepsi.c" exploited.  Little kids will have their fun with
it, realize that it is dumb and that people are patching themselves
against it, and it will die.
In the meantime ,  I did understand how it works,  just explained it a
little off :).

--
Steven Nash                             ph:  (516)248-8400ext25
Lightning Internet Services LLC      email:  snash at lightning.net
http://www.lightning.net