internic (promptness) in responding to problems (is/was: Re: TLD .ES screw up)

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jul 30 20:47:17 UTC 1997

	This is drift, hit D now (sortof)

Martin Cooper boldly claimed:
> J.D. Falk <jdfalk at priori.net> writes:
> > On Jul 30, "Miguel A. Sanz. RedIRIS/CSIC" <miguel.sanz at rediris.es> wrote:
> > > Does any one know a direct way to reach the InterNIC technical staff to
> > > solve this kind of urgent problems?
> >
> > 	Telephone?
> "All our repre-sentatives are busy at present. Your call is in a queue and
> will be answered shortly. For faster response, please send email to
> host-master at Inter-nic dot net." <put on speakerphone and wait>
>
> I don't think so. Well, perhaps if you have a direct line number.

	I've found that the internic will process properly formatted
templates in about 45mins-3hours depdning for domain related templates,
stuff such as host templates, and contact templates usually take a bit
longer, and anything out of the ordinary takes about 3days-2 weeks
to look at and respond to, and if they're being clueless, then you may have
to wait another few days to get a response to a response to them telling
them they're being clueless, and they might have fixed the problem by
then.

	Send in a message, get a tracking number, call them, that's the
best way, sending e-mail will be the slowest for emergency issues,
the fact that it takes the nanog list sometimes a few hours to deliver a
a message to all the recipients, and that includes folks at the internic,
calling them and seeing what you can do is the best way.. but they
have to thwart the folks who need a clue sold to them first, and that
is a big task.

	- Jared

--
----------------- jared at puck.nether.net - Nether Network ------------------