Notice of LINX maintenance

Paul Thornton prt at linx.org
Thu Jul 24 12:36:03 UTC 1997

Apologies for being slightly off topic, and I know it isn't in North
America :-)

The London Internet Exchange (LINX), the primary UK interconnect point, is
being physically relocated this weekend, from Saturday 26 June 23:00 GMT
to Sunday 27 June 05:00 GMT.  There should not be any major impact, but
paths to K.ROOT-SERVERS.NET may change as various peering sessions go down
and come back up.  This is just a 'heads up' posting so you are aware that
it is happening.

Some of the routing between UK ISPs may be affected, although a lot of
effort has been put into ensuring that there is minimal impact to any
external networks.

For more information, see http://www.linx.net/moveinfo.html (this is aimed
at the customers of our members, but does give an overview of what is
happening)

Paul

--
Paul Thornton, Network Engineer, London Internet Exchange Ltd.
Tel: 07000 783797   Mobile: +44 467 372205