Internic does it again

Joe Shaw jshaw at insync.net
Mon Jul 28 19:04:56 UTC 1997

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> The major complaint I hear about the InterNIC isn't that they're
> arrogant, it's that their a black hole.  Or worse, a roach motel:
> complaints check in, but they don't check out.
>
> That's exactly the problem I have with them.  They need a PR person,
> with an extensive background in the culture of the net, and the power
> to get things done... and they need one _now_.

Exactly.  If NSI doesn't have someone who head up pr doing the work of
informing the net community of what problems it's having, then rumors
start happening.  Rumors spread out, and get picked up by the media.
Since the media is obviously a part of this list (we sure get quoted a
lot), these stories of NSI outages start making the news.  The price of
NSI stock drops, and NSI's stockholders are not happy.  Life is not good
for NSI.  So, doesn't it make sense to just get someone to do the PR job?

Joe Shaw - jshaw at insync.net
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services