Kashpureff Black List (REALLY AN OPERATIONAL QUESTION)

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Thu Jul 24 05:48:28 UTC 1997

On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Eric Germann wrote:

> However, a coordinated effort to block them all could, correct?  Kind of
> like the sanity filters at customer borders.  Don't allow traffic into your
> network that doesn't originate from their assigned network numbers.  If
> everyone were to block the ranges no one would get polluted...
>
> So is it my understanding that it is technically possible, but logistically
> impossible to coordinate?   If we were to block them, then we wouldn't have

Probably.  We can't even get everyone to adopt sanity filters for IP
traffic.  Now you want everyone to packet filter themselves from certain
name servers?

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |
________Finger jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______