Non-ISP companies multi-homing?

J.D. Falk jdfalk at priori.net
Thu Jul 24 02:51:05 UTC 1997

On Jul 23, netops <netops at flycast.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any non-ISP companies that have decided to
> multi-home? Is this a major trend for non-ISP companies running
> mission-critical applications on the Internet?
>
> So far, I only know of a couple, with PointCast being one of them.

	There's also Gannett (the folks who own USA Today and a lot
	of other newspapers and radio and TV stations.)  But, with
	all the stuff they own & do, it wouldn't be too much of a
	stretch to consider them a web hosting facility (with a very
	limited clientele.)

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
     "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."