Non-ISP companies multi-homing?

Mark Bixby markb at spock.dis.cccd.edu
Thu Jul 24 00:04:29 UTC 1997

netops writes:

> Does anyone know of any non-ISP companies that have decided to
> multi-home? Is this a major trend for non-ISP companies running
> mission-critical applications on the Internet?

We will be going multi-homed in about 2 weeks because the state of California
has mandated that all community colleges sign up with 4C.net, but we don't
want to give up our existing CERF.net connection.
Mark Bixby                      E-mail: markb at cccd.edu
Coast Community College Dist.   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/
District Information Services   1370 Adams Ave, Costa Mesa, CA, USA 92626-5429
Technical Support               +1 714 438-4647
"You can tune a file system, but you can't tune a fish." - tunefs(1M)