Kashpureff Black List (REALLY AN OPERATIONAL QUESTION)

Karl Denninger karl at Mcs.Net
Wed Jul 23 14:13:08 UTC 1997

On Wed, Jul 23, 1997 at 09:53:42AM -0400, Eric Germann wrote:
> would an anti-kashpureff bgp feed fix the dns pollution problems similar to
> the anti spam black list.  If yes, is it collusion which would be
> prosecutable?  If no, what are the TECHNICAL reasons it wouldn't work.
>
> Eric

No, because *ANY* nameserver which gets the pollution can then pollute you.

Since you can't cut off EVERY nameserver with such a feed, it is pointless
to attempt it.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - The Finest Internet Connectivity
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | 99 Analog numbers, 77 ISDN, http://www.mcs.net/
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| NOW Serving 56kbps DIGITAL on our analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal