Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

Alan Hannan alan at mindvision.com
Wed Jul 23 03:38:30 UTC 1997

  Paul,

  It is my opinion that one has the power to self-moderate
  quite effectively.

  Procmail enables one to delete the ramblings of noiseful
  posters, while still preserving the amusement so many
  serious networking folk gain from nanog.

  'man procmail'

  The joy of this internet thing we've created is that we can
  selectively enforce the ear-plugging.

  I don't think moderation is appropriate.

  -alan