looking for status lists

Tim Peiffer peiffer at nts.umn.edu
Wed Jul 23 00:25:41 UTC 1997

Can anyone point me to a list that has status and advance failure
announcements for the service providers whether ISP or NSP?  I would
also be interested in announcements on major policy changes that
affect the internet community.  Please respond to me directly
as I will be removing my subscription from this list.

	Do you run a regional, national, or international network
	who's traffic to and from my institution would be impacted
	by failures in transit?  Do you operate a large commercial
	service that suffers an occasional outage (Internic, AOL,
	...)?  If so, then I would be interested in subscribing
	to your status announcement lists.

The nanog list has had a few good pearls out there during the MAE-WEST
outages, and the various WorldCom fiber cuts around the country, but
recently the discussions have degraded into a less than productive
list with a fairly high amount of noise.

Tim Peiffer 	    	    	    	peiffer at nts.umn.edu
Networking and Telecommunications Services
University of Minnesota                 +1 612 626 7884 desk
2221 University Ave			+1 612 625 0006 problems
Suite 145				+1 612 626 1002 fax
Minneapolis MN 55455, USA