Terminating many T1's

Stephen Balbach stephen at clark.net
Wed Jul 23 00:06:34 UTC 1997

I am investigating options for terminating many T1's with an objective
of high-density and easy scaleability. I am curious how others are
approaching this. Possible scenarios:

1. Cisco serial ports and rack CSU/DSU's. Exspensive. Lot of space.

2. MAX TNT for T1's connecting to a backbone Cisco. Theoretically up to 140
   T1's in 1 small box with built-in CSU/DSU's. Unproven?

3. Cascade. Similair to TNT approach, very exspensive untill you reach
   70+ T1's in a chassis.

4. Chanellized DS3. Don't know anything about it - can MFS provide circuits
   this way via a DS3 handoff? No CSU/DSU required? Any other costs/issues?

Thanks for any ideas and experiences!

--stb