Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

Ted Timmons tedder at abcompsvc.com
Tue Jul 22 21:36:54 UTC 1997

At 05:32 PM 7/22/97 -0400, Christopher Masto wrote:
>> With the latest free email, web pages, etc (juno, hotmail, geocities), it
>> wouldn't take too long for someone to come up with free DNS, MXing, etc..

>I _wouldn't_ discourage registration.  That's the point.

So exactly _how_ would you keep millions of people from registering domain
names? Even if it _weren't_ free (I'll argue that another time), you'd
still have tons of people (I'll generalize, and assume they're high school
students that couldn't afford the $100) that would be signing up for domain
registration because they're going though a cheap ISP.
--
-=TED=-    O-    JAPH    tedt at colubs.com      - work
                         tedder at abcompsvc.com - home

Link Rot: The process by which links on a web page become as
 obsolete as the sites they're connected to change location or die.