Quote from Kashpureff / Re: question about per. hack

Ted Timmons tedder at abcompsvc.com
Tue Jul 22 21:27:11 UTC 1997

At 05:07 PM 7/22/97 -0400, Christopher Masto wrote:
>Now _that's_ not right at all.  I think the excuse of charging a fee for
>something to discourage its use is ridiculous.  Where exactly are these
>AOLers going to get primary and secondary name service?  Web servers?
>Mail forwarders?

With the latest free email, web pages, etc (juno, hotmail, geocities), it
wouldn't take too long for someone to come up with free DNS, MXing, etc..

How would _you_ discourage registration? By not explaining it very well?
That hasn't kept the idiots away from unix, Perl, etc...
--
-=TED=-    O-    JAPH    tedt at colubs.com      - work
                         tedder at abcompsvc.com - home

Link Rot: The process by which links on a web page become as
 obsolete as the sites they're connected to change location or die.