question about per. hack

George Herbert gherbert at crl.com
Tue Jul 22 00:31:32 UTC 1997

The damaged party in the denial-of-service attack earlier
(InterNIC) has, undoubtedly, filed proper reports and can't
talk about them.  These investegations take time, and there's
no reason for the Feds to work faster right now because the
faked .per and .nic domains aren't hurting anyone and Eugene
has stopped knocking legitimate domains down.

MCI and Sprint, however, have dissapointed me.  Their security
contacts are not responding (IMHO) appropriately.

I have a hard time believing that Eugene still doesn't realize
how serious this all is.  And yet he's playing up press coverage
of it at his web site, and still posting around lists apparently
blase about it.

-george william herbert
gherbert at crl.com