is there a market for this?

Jacques Vidrine nectar at staff.communique.net
Tue Jul 22 00:36:35 UTC 1997

FWIW, I can't confirm this at this second, but I believe that at least
the cisco 7200 series routers have a three PCI bus backplane.  And it is
claimed to support an OC-3c VIP2 port adapter, although I haven't put
mine in action to try yet (and when I do I won't be running anywhere
near 155 Mbps anyway).   A single VIP2 port adapter can only connect to
one of the three buses, so presumably cisco believes that PCI is up to
the task.    I don't know what the clockrate is, and I don't know if it
is 32-bit or 64-bit.