Quote of the day!

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at clark.net
Mon Jul 21 16:37:55 UTC 1997

At 11:58 -0400 7/21/97, Eric Germann wrote:
>Quote from an Ameritech rep after being verbally abused in a meeting for
>them dropping a clients T-1 FOUR times cause nobody would write it down in
>the book:
>
>"We may suck, but we suck less!"
>
>At 10:04 PM 7/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>  From someone-I-can't-name-cuzza-their-job:
>>>  "MFS is the spawn of satan, it's all a conspiracy to send us back to the
>>> dark ages of hand-written communication."
>>
>>How about the words that summ up MFS's (WorldCom's) entry into the local
>>phone market:
>>
>>My Fone Sucks...
>>
>>Also works with Amerisuck - Your Link to Pain and Suffering!
>>
>>After working with these kinds of telco problems all week you just have to
>>make up nice titles for them ;-)

It's not just the transmission side.  In 1981 or so, at the first GTE
corporate network symposium, shortly after it bought Telenet, I gave a
presentation on Telenet's network management architecture.

My obligatory opening joke suggested that electronic mail could be regarded
as a technology that would allow the Postal Service to lose the mail at the
speed of light.

A hand in the audience arose...turning out to be the President/COO of GTE.
He looked at me and asked "what about your own company's offering,
Telemail?"

I took a deep breath.  "Oh. We lose it slower."

Howard