Good Timing for .COM Problems ?

root at gannett.com root at gannett.com
Mon Jul 21 15:25:33 UTC 1997

> Then perhaps we should question why the "problems" are occuring at a
> time when it would be to NSI's benefit (e.g. future IPO) to show that
> the traditional volunteer method doesn't work.

Actually, I'd say that the obvious admission of failure would mean that
investors would be less likely to cough up cash.  Also, it obviously
raises a number of questions about NSI's exclusive control of the TLDs,
which would certainly make me think twice about pouring money into an IPO.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson
gatekeeper at gannett.com