Good Timing for .COM Problems ?

David Mercer dmercer at world.std.com
Sun Jul 20 18:16:06 UTC 1997

On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, Paul Trotter wrote:

> Then perhaps we should question why the "problems" are occuring at a
> time when it would be to NSI's benefit (e.g. future IPO) to show that
> the traditional volunteer method doesn't work.

Seems to me that NSI have shown that their training procedures don't work,
as the operator in question payed no attention to a computer generated
warning that the files about to be loaded were corrupt.

I personally don't find their assurance that such duties will now be
performed by "more senior personel" to be totally satisfactory, perhaps
auditing of their training procedures by said "more senior personnel"
would be better...

David Mercer
Systems Administrator
infiNETways, Inc.