Los Angeles Fiber Cut @ 1:50 PM PST

Vincent Poy vince at mail.MCESTATE.COM
Fri Jul 18 21:33:58 UTC 1997

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Josh Beck wrote:

=)UUnet is completely down to SDG1 (San Diego) due to a Los Angeles fiber
=)cut, ETA unknown... happy happy joy joy.

	Does this affect CRL in anyway?  We're in Beverly Hills.  Anyone
here happen to know how we are connected to CRL since we are on a Full PPP
T1 but the other end of the link is in San Francisco and not LA.  They
told us to use Frame Relay and it was on their own private frame and not
the Public Frame Relay network.  I just noticed that apc.net in Orange
County goes through the Orange County CRL Hub while cts.com and
gaianet.net both go through gateway-sfo1.atm.us.crl.net.

Cheers,
Vince - vince at MCESTATE.COM - vince at GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]