Outages in the News

J.D. Falk jdfalk at priori.net
Fri Jul 18 16:56:25 UTC 1997

On Jul 18, MFS <michael at dook.org> wrote:

> Looks like this person has confused Eugene Kashpureff's stunts with
> the NSI debacle.
>
> It's things like this that threaten our (as well as the network's) reputation
> when read by the 'internet savvy' public.

	There was a good article in the San Jose Mercury News which
	covered both events, but made it pretty clear that experts
	such as some guy from the FBI didn't think there was any real
	connection between them.  Only important thing the article
	missed, IMHO, is that there's already new software out which
	wasn't as susceptible to Kashpureff's idiotic stunt.

		http://www.sjmercury.com/news/netglitch071797.htm

	(Where else but Silicon Valley would this be front-page news?)

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
     "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."