Sprint Outages

J.D. Falk jdfalk at priori.net
Thu Jul 17 22:30:35 UTC 1997

On Jul 17, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> Considering the level of problems we have had today and earlier in the week,
> I am impressed by how resiliant the net actually has been.  Not that I like
> the heavy hits we've been taking.  But the old beastie seem pretty tough.

	True...now that I stop and think about it, it's amazing how
	well things are rerouting around the problem areas.

	OTOH, I think it'd be a really cool (if expensive) idea for
	somebody to start a telco which would run its own fiber that
	is /never/ (or very rarely) right next to anybody else's.
	This could be so hard as to be near unfeasable, but I can see
	a pretty big market for such lines among NSP's.

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net
     "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."