BOOM! there goes WorldCom

Todd Wilkens TWilkens at gridnet.com
Thu Jul 17 19:07:02 UTC 1997

All the fiber that was Wiltel went with the sale to LDDS.  There was a
portion of Wiltel that was not sold to LDDS and that was Vyvx.  Williams
retained the Wiltel name and I believe Vyvx is now called Wiltel and is
still part of the Williams Companies out of Tulsa.  I believe part of the
sale agreement was that Williams retained one fiber strand out of every
fiber run Wiltel (the original one) had.  So Williams (Wiltel) still has
alot of fiber capacity.