contracts and damages, was: BOOM! there goes WorldCom

William Allen Simpson wsimpson at greendragon.com
Thu Jul 17 12:05:50 UTC 1997

> From: Nathan Stratton <nathan at netrail.net>
> I know this, I have a copy of the DLRs. What I am saying is Worldcom
> changed the DLRs without letting us know, and now they all run over this
> fiber cut. We request a copy of the DLRs on ALL our links. We started
> this long ago when we had a MCI and Worldcom DS1 die because they went
> over the same fiber.

OK, sounds like you exercized due diligence.  What kind of contract
language specified multiple paths for those 3 circuits you paid for?

And how much liquidated damages for an outage did you specify?

Could you please let us all know how long it takes for WorldCom to pay up?

WSimpson at UMich.edu
BSimpson at MorningStar.com