BOOM! there goes WorldCom

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Thu Jul 17 17:16:59 UTC 1997

On Wed, Jul 16, 1997 at 04:21:48PM -0800, Ron Buchalski wrote:
> The key is to go with multiple suppliers who can guarantee diverse
> routes.  Carriers lease capacity from each other in some cases, so
> Sprint and MCI can give you circuits in the same physical fiber.

Actually, in light of the conversation we've been having about carriers
flagging routes that are part of diversity pairs, what happens is you
get two circuits for such service from separate carriers.

Would they have any way of avoiding co-lo'ing the circuits?  Is there
an intercompany tag for circuit paths?

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "People propose, science studies, technology
Tampa Bay, Florida          conforms."  -- Dr. Don Norman      +1 813 790 7592