root nameservers broken again?

John Hawkinson jhawk at bbnplanet.com
Thu Jul 17 09:28:54 UTC 1997

Folks should recornize that NANOG is not the right place rfor
reporting problems. If you're going to send mail to NANOG about
a problem like this, please indicate whether or not you've escalated
it to the responsible party.

The InterNIC (and most providers) don't track the NANOG list in real
time, nor is it reasonable to expect them to.

In any case, I just got a phone reply from the Internic to my
inquiry of a few hours past -- they are aware of the problem
and are regenerating zone files. That status is as of 4:00am EDT (0800 UTC),
~1.5 hours ago [though I only heard it now].

Note that EDU. and GOV. are not affected.

--jhawk