Alternic takes over Internic traffic

Dorn Hetzel dorn at atl.eni.net
Tue Jul 15 21:17:58 UTC 1997

Since we run OSPF internally, we find it easier to do this by
setting up a 2501 (dedicated to the task) with static routes
pointing into a loopback interface which is filtered with an
access list to block all packets.  The static routes are
redistributed into OSPF, which caused each static to suck
packets bound from anywhere in our network into the filter,
kill them, and log them.  Of course, there is no risk of the
OSPF leaking to the outside world, though it covers our network
nicely, and we get logging of attempted replies to these
sites.  Since OSPF is nicely classless, we block anythink from
a /32 up...

	-Dorn Hetzel
	Epoch Internet