Custom/Priority Queueing

rbenn at clark.net rbenn at clark.net
Tue Jul 15 05:46:13 UTC 1997

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
> Does anyone have a example of how to route packets based upon service? IE,
> if I have a slow 64kb/s Frame, and a fast DS1, I want to send
> non-interactive traffic over the 64k, like mail, etc., but www/ftp over the
> DS1.

You may want to continue utilizing both links for all traffic, but
implement custom or priority queueing on them.  The only other alternative
that comes to mind would be extended access lists.  Not really sure how
the 2 methods would compare regarding performance or router utilization,
though.

Regards,

Randy Benn