MAE West

Wayne Bouchard web at typo.org
Mon Jul 14 18:36:13 UTC 1997

> I think that the argument here is that there is a real need to have
> an aggregate 400Mbp/s "pipe" in service as opposed to 2 each 200Mbp/s
> "pipes".  To gain the redunancy that Mr. Dave suggests, would actually
> encourage the deployment  of -two- additional 400Mbp/s channels.
>
> Then the economics arguments kick in.

Haven't been following this thread all that closely so pardon me if
this has already been dealt with.. but note the earlier comment from
mfs that the design constraints say loop free layer 2 topology. Which
means redundant links don't exist.

Wayne Bouchard                             GlobalCenter
web at primenet.com
Primenet Network Engineering               Internet Solutions for
(602) 416-6422   800-373-2499 x6422        Growing Businesses
FAX: (602) 416-9422
http://www.primenet.com                    http://www.globalcenter.net