NSPs and filters

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sun Jul 13 03:33:15 UTC 1997

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, ice9 wrote:

> This is not a nice thing to do to a router, especially while the router is
> trying to keep up with 50 other customers...  And if more than 1 customer
> wants this type of service, you start really feeling the load.

I'm not saying UUNet should install whatever filters I want on their
routers.  I'm just saying the net would be a MUCH nicer place if NSP's all
did ingress filtering on their customer connections.  If current routers
can't handle the load this would create, then NSP's need to find vendors
willing to deliver the necessary power, or they need to rethink the way
they design their networks.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |
________Finger jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______