A suggestion

Robert Bowman rob at elite.exodus.net
Fri Jul 11 16:42:07 UTC 1997

I'd like to make a suggestion to everyone that is at MFS Mae-West, and
serious about the long term viability of the exchange points:  Get
a connection at NASA AMES.

We've been at NASA AMES for a while now, with an alternate connection
at MFS.  During that time, we've seen over 10 different problems at
MFS, but never at NASA.  There are a few providers with connections at
both sides--ourselves, UUNET, MCI and now Above.NET.  The pricing
is cheaper, the people are just as responsive (if not more), the
head of line blocking is less dramatic, etc.

This is something that Bill Manning has been preaching for a while.
I'm glad we headed his advice a year ago and did the smart thing.  During
this outage, our MFS side has been toast, but our connectivity to NASA,
Sprint, CRL, etc. has been excellent on the NASA AMES side.

Reply back to Lance if your interested.  I'm sure he can direct you
to the appropriate people at NASA/Fix-West.

Robert Bowman
Exodus Communications Inc.
rob at exodus.net