default routes on Ciscos

David Papp david at oanet.com
Fri Jul 11 15:19:58 UTC 1997

You can do it using route-maps. Here's a quick and dirty example I will
quickly type up. Route-maps are a source type routing rather than
destination based. So you are grabbing packets with your source IP and
any destination IP and tell them to go out Path B instead of the default
path A. (I hope I didn't screw up any of the orders, I am merely trying
to demonstrate a simple example, corrections are welcome. :)

--------------------------->8-----------------------------
!
int e0
 description Your Internal LAN
 ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0
 ip policy route-map DEFROUTE
!
int s0
 description Upstream Path A
 ip address 192.168.150.2 255.255.255.0
!
int s1
 description Upstream Path B
 ip address 192.168.200.2 255.255.255.0
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.150.1
!
!
route-map DEFROUTE permit 10
 match ip address 125
 set ip next-hop 192.168.200.1
!

...David

* David Papp       |  4907-99 Street   | Phone: +1.403.430.0811 *
* Manager          | Edmonton, Alberta |   Fax: +1.403.436.9963 *
* OA Internet Inc. |  Canada, T6E 4Y1  | Email: david at oanet.com *