Keynote/Boardwatch Results

Jesse Caulfield jesse at netthink.com
Thu Jul 10 04:01:46 UTC 1997

Grumble. This is really starting to grate.

Wasn't the point of this ~study to find the best value for your dollar
when buying leased lines? What exactly does putting web servers in your
pop have to do with backbone performance. Furthermore, exactly how would
you economically scale and support such a spaghetti operation?

It seems to me the unintended goal of the study was to find access
providers on whose networks web sites have a snappier "user experience".

Am I the only one here who see this as measuring apples to judge oranges?

Will someone please point me to the scientific method being used here,
'cause I sure as hell can't see it.

--
JMC