Internet Backbone Index

Tung-Hui Hu hhui at arcfour.com
Wed Jul 9 12:50:54 UTC 1997

: to the Internet.  How many cities are you in Sean, where are DRA's POPs for
: customers to access?  How much bandwidth does DRA have to get these
: customer to other network?  Let's compare bandwidth shall we.

Oh gee that's just what we need on NANOG, "ours is bigger than yours".
Didn't the rest of us stop doing this in kindergarten?

Anyway. Can someone explain to me like they're talking to a four year
old how you can have a backup connection a Big 3 backbone (to reach
international networks that might fall through) and still be tier 1. How do
you prevent a double set of routes from showing up in the route tables?
Someone explained this to me but I forget.

-Tung-Hui "My Rendering Engine Is Bigger Than Yours" Hu
hhui at arcfour.com