Sprint Collapsing ASes?

jprovo at ma.ultranet.com jprovo at ma.ultranet.com
Mon Jul 7 10:15:52 UTC 1997

"Robert A. Pickering Jr." <pickerin at fuse.net> wrote:
>Well, I was on vacation last week, and came back to this note from
>the SprintLink NOC.  I'm surprised no one else posted this.
Perhaps we were all waiting to how well it went; the doom-n-gloomers
will undoubtably flame away no matter how smoothly this large change
gets executed.

>Is there any other information?  Are they collapsing all of their
>networks to a single ASN?
Yes, they're going to reflectors.  All the 'visible confederacy'
stuff is folding into 1239.

Cheers,

Joe

Afilliation for identification only, etc etc...
--
Joe Provo, Network Architect                         800.763.8111 x3006
Network Operations Center                            Fax   508.229.2375