URGENT! Root Servers not updated

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jul 3 22:48:00 UTC 1997

> I called a knowledgable source last night.  That person was aware of the
> change and said that the proper IANA people had been informed in advance
> and had (he thought) not disagreed. the change he believed was not for any
> of the reasons that paul feared.

When Paul spoke for millions of users, he did not speak for this one.  He
also seems not to have read the message or noted that it claimed to be
addressing a problem for which is is known as a prominent net.nazi (and he
is welcome speak for me in that area).

Then again, NSI has a broad and deep talent for making any act appear to be
infinitely perfidious, no matter how well intentioned.

So now telling what the real story is.

randy