Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!

Dennis Simpson dennis at bconnex.net
Wed Jul 2 16:37:12 UTC 1997

> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Re: Keynote/Boardwatch Internet Backbone Index A better test!!!
> From: smd at clock.org (Sean M. Doran)
> Date: 01 Jul 1997 11:02:25 -0400
>
> randy at psg.com (Randy Bush) writes:
>
> > > Just out of curiosity, why do many (not all) of the large backbone
providers
> > > establish their face to the web (their corporate webserver) on slow,
> > > badly positioned machines?
> >
> > Because it is done by marketing, not engineering?
>
> In my opinion, this alone should reduce the Value Number
> of any given provider.

I can't imagine valuing more highly, any company whose marketing
department runs the place with enough sway, that their own
promotion devices are technically better than their competitor's
(including many highly respected organizations) by large factors.

You don't suppose that might be related to Compuserve's ranking
first, then getting out what appears to be the first advertising
based on the results? Nah, couldn't be.

Thx,
dennis