Another UUNET Explanation

Robert Bowman rob at elite.exodus.net
Wed Jul 2 02:55:37 UTC 1997

On the inverse, routers--if designed properly, can be 10 times better
because of lower overhead, cost effectiveness, etc.  I don't think this
is going to be a debate that one will win in this forum.  There are
many router only based backbones, such as ours, Digex, etc.  Then there
are the many on the fr/router side..  just as "effective" one might
say..

rob