Plethora of UUnet outages and instabilities

Nathan Stratton nathan at netrail.net
Tue Jul 1 17:16:15 UTC 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Neil J. McRae wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 10:28:14 -0500 (CDT)
>  Joe Shaw <jshaw at insync.net> wrote:
>
> > What would you suggest?  I've looked into the Ascend GRF, and if it
> > performs as much as they hype it (never trust a salesman) then it must be
> > one kickbutt little router.  My only question is who has some in a real
> > world setup, doing BGP/OSPF/RIP?  I tried talking to psi.net about their
> > GRF switchover, and ended up with someone trying to sell me bandwidth.
>
> I'm using the GRF-400. It has multiple 155M SDH ATM links in it, works
> like a dream...

Yes the ATM card is nice, so far we have over 138 external peering session
without problem.

Nathan Stratton                                President, NetRail,Inc.
Phone   (888)NetRail                           NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (404)522-1939                          230 Peachtree Suite 500
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Atlanta, GA 30303