Plethora of UUnet outages and instabilities

Stephen Dolloff vardalak at mc.net
Tue Jul 1 16:34:44 UTC 1997

The ascend GRF is one kickbutt little router.  We are only using it for
static routing right now, because thats all that we need it for, but it
does have the capabilities to do ospf, bgp and rip.  We switched from a
cisco 7500 because of all of the problems that we were having with
packet loss and speed issues and haven't had a problem with it in the
last 2 1/2 months that we've been using it.

Stephen Dolloff
(System Administrator - McHenryCom)