Plethora of UUnet outages and instabilities

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Tue Jul 1 03:33:37 UTC 1997

Cheap Cheap Cheap Cheap Cheap, that's all I can figure.  No budget?  As a
customer, I feel really shafted considering the rates that UUNet charges.

As for the time element, anyone off of this router could have seen this
coming, oh, about 8 months ago...  In the future, I'd like to hand my
(well, not MY, the owner's) thousands to someone that understands the word
proactive.  Not being big enough to get a fully-routable CIDR block kind
of locks one in from making snap decisions on bandwidth.  My UUNet
complaints file contains at least 100 messages with examples of the poor
performance of that router.  I get form letters in return...  "Look, I'm
pinging you at 3am, and look how fast it goes!".

blech blech blech.

Don't use UUNet if you are not a multihomed, CIDR-ized playah.

Charles Sprickman 				Internet Channel
INCH System Administration Team		   	   (212)243-5200
spork at inch.com					 access at inch.com