Alpha test of MAE filtering capability

David S. Holub david at wenet.net
Fri Jan 31 21:22:21 UTC 1997

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > IMHO, as long as money is involved, and as long as someone thinks that
> > they have a chance of getting away with something, they will try it.
>
> Entirely agreed.  On the other hand I have what is turning out to be a
> unique (here) point of view about this.  I don't want to prevent this
> kind of theft -- I want to discover it, and remove perpetrators from any
> IXP where they try it.  I don't want to block it.  I want to ensure that
> it is never tried twice.  I appear to be in the minority wrt this view.

No not entirely. We have been at two NAPs for nearly two years. We have over
60 peers now and have never abused those relationships. I would like to think
that we are in the majority and that those that fail to meet those standards
should be expelled not filtered.

--david

David S. Holub
President CTO